1) What kinds of discourse communities (different groups and perspectives) are present in the three pieces of research my classmates gave me?
2) What kinds of genres did I receive?
3) What genres or discourse communities do I especially need to find—what is NOT represented well?
4) How helpful is the research my classmates brought me? What is the most interesting piece I received?
5) What kinds of things should I look for tonight as I pull together three more sources?
HW: Print out and bring three more pieces of research tomorrow for yourself, on your OWN topic! Remember to get a wide variety of genres, especially “creative” stuff, like photographs, artwork, maps, or other visual sources, or really interesting news articles. Bring the items to class!