Questions to consider:
- What did you annotate?
- What was your symbolic word, most important sentence, and most important paragraph?
- Which part would be most compelling to someone who disagreed with Ripley's views?
- Where does Ripley make emotional appeals or tug on the reader's heartstrings?
- Which evidence is the strongest or most compelling?
- What is the purpose of the concession paragraph on page 3? To what extent is this paragraph self-contradictory? How does it add to her argument or help persuade the audience?
- What might Ripley oversimplify or overlook in her argument? What could she add to further support her claims?
HW: Continue to work on independent reading (complete 200+ pages by 9/22) and learning vocabulary words from Ready Player One and The Boys in the Boat.