Stamp check for questions 3, 7, and 8 from page 1032 of textbook
- Share your annotations, answers to questions, and funneling or other strategies you used
- What did you do differently? Where did you agree? (Jot notes)
- Choose the three aphorisms that you think best represent Thoreau’s argument. Copy them down and cite by (Thoreau #)
- Write a SOAPSTone claim for this piece, including the title and author.
- Write down 5 questions that you could use in dialogue with Thoreau, to get him to clarify his arguments, to add support, or to push back on his ideas.
...due at end of period
EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY: Contribute a relevant, helpful image (max of two per word!) for the vocabulary words from Thoreau's "On the Duty of Civil Disobedience." Make sure the images are suitable for classroom use and would display well (that they are not too pixellated, for example). Use the first several slides as examples. Here's the link to edit the vocabulary document! Due by Tuesday, 11/22. Write your name in the "Notes" tab and a description of your image.
HW: Finish independent reading 📚 and annotate and funnel the three current event articles in the packet. Bring your annotated, funneled packet to class on Monday, and consider doing the extra credit challenge!